Lectio Divina Reading
August 3, 2006
O God come to my assistance
1. In your goodness, O God, have mercy on me;
2. My faults are always before me;
1. Your judgment is what I deserve;
2. But you love true sincerity,
1. Infuse me with joy and gladness;
2. Create a pure heart in me, O my God;
1. Once more be my savior; revive my joy.
2. Release me from death, God my savior,
1. My Sacrifice is this broken spirit.
2. Then there will be sacrifice to please you-
Brothers and sisters: Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with which
you were sealed for the day of redemption. All bitterness, fury, anger,
shouting and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice. And
be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has
forgiven you in Christ.
So be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and handed himself over for us as a sacrificial offering to God for a fragrant aroma.
The word of the Lord.
Benedicta Ward, pg.33
107 One of the Fathers said, ‘If the interior man is watchful, he can preserve the exterior man also; if this is not the case, let us guard our tongue as much as we can.’
108 The same old man said, ‘Spiritual work is essential, it is for this we have come to the desert. It is very hard to teach with the mouth that which one does not practice in the body.
(from the Daily Word)
Immersed in the peace of God, I experience a tranquility of the soul.
I listen to my inner voice and follow the infinite guidance of God.
The healing presence of God is revitalizing me. I am an expression of divine life.
With God as provider of all good, my life is filled with abundance.
for CP Groups
Contemplative Outreach of Dallas
Last updated, August 09, 2006 contact webmaster